Answer by Prateek Keshari:
There are numerous websites, blogs, Youtube channels etc that you can follow and make the most of your time when wired in.
Here’s a list of some blogs and websites that you can follow:
- (Highly recommended)– Brain Pickings is a human-powered discovery engine for interestingness, a subjective lens on what matters in the world and why, bringing you things you didn’t know you were interested in — until you are. It is maintained by Maria Popova who reads over 12-13 books a week to post all the awesomeness that’s in there.
- (HighlyRecommended) – HowStuffWorks is a wholly owned subsidiary of Discovery Communications and is the award-winning source of credible, unbiased, and easy-to-understand explanations of how the world actually works. Gamut of categories to feed your intellectual hunger.
- – Learn from the experts by watching under 20 minutes of mind expanding talks. Start with Sir Ken Robinson’s talk:- !
- – Learn everything there is to know about finance. From dictionary to tutorials, they have it all!
- – An amazing website to train you in different aspects of life!
- – An amazing website that offers random, interesting articles and facts.
- – Another mind expanding blog to keep you inspired and intellectually hungry. Example article
- – Know more about the future stuff that matters. Example:
- (Recommended) – Litemind is about exploring ways to use our minds efficiently. Covering articles on , , , and .
- – For all the entrepreneurs out there.The website offers some amazing insights related to entrepreneurial world.
- (Recommended) : This helps in discovering more stuff that interests you!
- : They have some great stuff!
- : Helps you discover yourself scientifically, culturally and intellectually. Example article:
- – Choose from a wide category and watch some interesting documentaries. Example (and favorite one): (Highly recommended)
- (MIT OpenCourseWare), , – They need no introduction!
- – Find over 40,000 ebooks
- – Learn more about your favorite books, review them, find lists, award winning books, quotes, trivia, join reading groups etc.
- – Meet art + inspiration + mind expansion.
- – DIY Projects, how-tos and inspiration from geeks, makers and hackers.
- (Highly Recommended): Want to learn a new language but can’t find a reliable source? Duolingo is your solution.
- : For some kick-ass career advice and more!
- – Did you know that cafes are one of the best places to spark your creativity? Since now you do, check out coffitivity that creates the atmosphere of a coffee shop straight from your laptop/PC.
- : Standing for “if this then that,” IFTTT helps different apps, online programs, and services work together to make your life way easier. Think getting the weather texted to you every morning or having your photos automatically save to Dropbox. 😀
- (Highly Recommended): Extremely addictive website that helps you make the most of your time on the internet and teaches you all about the languages that back it and more!
- : Love designing? Then here’s Canva for you that makes designing insanely easy for you and the only limitation is your imagination.
- : Sporcle is still the best place on the internet for testing your knowledge. You can take quizzes on any topic imaginable, which is a pretty fun way to learn new things (and also to challenge your co-workers to see who knows more about obscure TV references or countries of the world).
- : FACTSlides allows you to click through a variety of random facts that not only feed your curiosity, but are also perfect fodder for the break room. For example, did you know that UPS delivery trucks save 10 million gallons of gas every year by making no left turns?
- : An amazing blog that keeps your brain healthy by stimulating it with beautiful insights into creativity and more!
- (Highly Recommended): You will never get bored of FastCo if you love business, innovation and everything in between.
- : One of the most popular blogs out there. Leo’s advice on life and his thoughts about stuff we take for granted is marked by extremely meticulous and perspicuous insights.
Now some Youtube channels that you can follow!
- (Highly Recommended)
- (Highly Recommended)
Last but not the least, for some mind expanding documentaries (Over 300 + of them) check
I hope this helps. 🙂